The 237th anniversary of the most important day in American history is coming up! On April 19, 1775, the Revolutionary War began, and on Wednesday, April 11, 2012, the Revolutionary War Veterans Association will sponsor a program at the Crawfordsville District Public Library. Join us from 6 - 8 p.m. in the Donnelly Room as we discuss the events and people whose decisions and actions shaped and still define us as a nation. Alan Metsker will answer questions such as...
- When and where was the American Revolution fought and won?
- When and where did the Revolutionary War actually start?
- What caused the British Army to break and run after a two minute encounter with colonial farmers and shopkeepers?
- Who fired the first shots of the Revolutionary War?
- What's the difference between history and heritage?
Go back in time to when
"Give me liberty or give me death!"
was more than just a saying.